Effective Date: 1 January 2017
I. Scope and Application
II. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, and other information you choose to provide.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name, postal address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) (“Personal Information”) and demographic information (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, post code, hometown, gender, username, device information, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information”).
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Ujra account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Drivers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Driver, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
III. Use of Information
We may use Personal Information and Demographic Information which we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Ujra and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
IV. Sharing of Information
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Drivers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer, if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your Personal Information and Demographic Information:
- With Ujra subsidiaries and affiliated entities;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
V. Your Choices
Ujra provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. Ujra gives Users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our Services.
VI. Security Precautions
Your Ujra profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Ujra employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Ujra staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your Ujra account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
VII. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at support@UjraGlobal.com.